08 October 2008

joyful

My eyeballs are dry...welcome to Midland Lauren! )

I have an interview tomorrow. It's for a part-time position which isn't ideal but I like the idea of starting out slow.

I was talking to my sister-in-law (Jenni) yesterday about how everything seems to be going wrong lately--or interrupting "normal" life. We asked ourselves whether bad things really have been happening more of if we're just now fully aware of them as adults--while before we were unaware of the world around us. I think, for me at least, it's a combination of both...although more of the former than the latter.

In the book, Shopping for Time (review in my last post), they mention that "interruptions" are a myth. In the book they are referring more to interruptions of daily life-like a neighbor coming over when you have 10 million things to do, etc. But it also applies to BIG interruptions--tragedies, sickness, hurricanes etc. A good quote from C.S. Lewis:

"The great thing, if one can, is to stop regarding all the unpleasant things as interruptions of one's "own" or "real" life. The truth is of course that what one calls the interruptions are precisely one's real life - the life Gd is sending one day by day: what one calls one's "real life" is a phantom of one's own imagination. This at least is what I see at moments of insight: but it's hard to remember it all the time"

I feel like my world has been rocked lately. Mostly in good ways but also in scary ways.
My mother-in-law's friend got in a car accident two nights ago. She has injuries to her brain, neck and aorta and still has not waken up. Please pray for her.
Jonathan's uncle died about a month ago very unexpectedly and now his aunt is dealing with real life. Please pray for her.
Our friend Sam was taken to the ER last night for abdominal pain...we haven't heard anything else. He's a new Marine and he's scheduled to leave in about a week for more training. Please pray for him.

I need to let go of the control I think I have on my life. More than that...I need to be JOYFUL in every circumstance.

Can't wait to see you tonight Jonathan!


Hi Michaela!

-L

1 comment:

Jenny said...

I am loving your blog... I am absolutely going to get the Shopping for Time book. Lord knows I need it!

And I also decided recently that when I am finished reading my current book, I am going to start Jane Eyre. It is a classic that I've never read!

Hope your job search goes well!