04 December 2008

my love

My wedding photographer was wonderful. She captured how Jonathan treasures me...







On another note...things I've learned this week:


1. I noticed in my fridge on Monday a mysterious yellow/white object shaped almost like a giant jelly bean. My first thought was that Jonathan was trying to play a trick on me but he eventually convinced me it was not from him. We seriously stared at it forever! Jonathan smelled it, I poked it, we gave it to the dog (then quickly picked it up again). Then I SCREAMED when I realize I had been handling a RAW BOILED EGG! Rule #1 Don't leave boiled eggs in the fridge (especially if peeled)!! I wish I had taken a picture before throwing it like a mad woman into the garbage disposal (also a minor mistake)

2. No matter what, when making cheesecake, it will always come out different! I made one last week for Thanksgiving and then I cheerfully volunteered to make it for a party at work. Ahhhh! It looked horrible...my pies can look terrible for family, friends...but WORK! This was an appreciation party for our volunteers (mostly elderly women) so I kept thinking these experienced old women are going to scoff at my cheesecake! I'm being slightly dramatic...it was fine. Apparently it tasted fine too. Rule #2 Only make pretty things for work parties

3. I got a pizza stone for a wedding gift. I love these things...I've only used my moms and I really haven't made pizza since because it just makes it so much better than a normal cookie tray does. So this week I was so excited to make a pizza. I pulled my beautiful, perfectly cooked pizza out of the oven and started serving it... "JONATHAN-the pizza is STUCK!"
We had bottomless pizza for dinner that night.
Rule #3 Read the directions and grease your pizza stone! Apparently you're suppose to do that for the first few uses. I kept thinking my mom NEVER greased her pizza stone...well she did!


I had to share all of those things with my few readers! Alright, off to work on my wedding album...

-L

photos by Leslie Gawroecki
goodlightphotography.com

2 comments:

Michaela said...

oh domestic bliss!

Laura Rugh said...

hey! i finally updated my blog... i am sad that we aren't seeing y'all at christmas. love you!